& another video: https://ieondemand.com/presentations/user-modeling-in-social-media-and-big-data-
- User Modeling is about:
- who U R?
- where R U?
- what's next?
- User Modeling is for machines, not for human decision maker
- you cannot put human bias for what data to collect (as much as possible, AMAP)
- human design how to collect AMAP
- require a good business model (Nokia competition data does not reflect industry reality)
- User Modeling
- collaborative, crowd intelligence
- continuous incremental (life long) learning (closed loop)
- feature engineering is important
- privacy centric (not afterthought)